This is the February 2020 issue of Asian Military Review. This is not the latest issue.
To read the current month’s issue of the magazine, please subscribe here:
- Frigates Stepping-up: Frigates are being designed with more multi-mission flexibility, as Dr Lee Willett explains.
- The Generation Game: Fifth generation aircraft acquisition in Asia is in part being driven by China’s own progress as Alan Warnes reports.
- UGV – Transitioning Capability: Andrew Drwiega reviews how both Australia and Singapore are planning to use UGVs.
- Not Yet War of the Worlds: Andrew Drwiega learns about the progress being made by the Dragonfire consortium in the development of laser weapons.
- Mumble in the Jungle: Thomas Withington takes a look at how to overcome the difficulties of radio communications in jungle terrain.
- Singapore Keeps Its Spear Tip Sharp: JR Ng examines the current modernisation plans for Singapore’s armed forces.
- Analyst Column: Ben Ho examines the impact of Singapore’s decision to become an F-35 operator.