This is the August/September 2019 issue of Asian Military Review. This is not the latest issue.
To read the current month’s issue of the magazine, please subscribe here:
- Sea Power: Coast Guards welcome OPV Boom: In Asia, Offshore Patrol Vessels are as likely to be operated by the Coast Guard as the Navy. Tim Fish considers their utility to both sets of operators.
- Land Warfare: Steel Gauntlets – Asia’s Tank Force Reviewed: Modernising armoured formations is once again on the shopping list of the region’s armies, as Grant Turnbull reports.
- Sea Power: Australia leads Asia in UAS acquisition: Australia has quickly developed a strategy for identifying and integrating unmanned system into its armed forces, as Tim Fish explains.
- Land Warfare: China broadens Cyber Options: JR Ng examines China’s cyber activities that work across a spectrum of targets, from civilian to military.
- Regional: Hawkish China triggers Taiwanese Defence budget rise: The increase in China’s rhetoric towards Taiwan has spurred the country into affordable modernisation. JR Ng reports.
- Analyst Column: Whither China’s recent ASDM Test: Columnist Ben Ho examines the likely reasons behind China’s recent testing of its anti-ship ballistic missile (ASBM) capability.