This is the November 2017 issue of Asian Military Review. This is not the latest issue. To read the current month’s issue of the magazine, please subscribe here.
November 2017 Issue includes:
- Pulse Column: Radar, Electronic Warfare and Tactical Communications: Catch up on all the latest defence radio frequency news and analysis in Andrew Drwiega’s regular Pulse column.
- Regional Militaries: Thailand’s Spending Free: The military government in Thailand is running a robust equipment procurement programme, from tanks to submarines, but is it coordinated?
- Land Warfare: SATCOM on the move: Andrew White looks into the evidence of SATCOMs disruption, and what alternatives such as MANET might offer.
- Land Warfare: Combat Systems for Future Soldiers: Andrew White profiles how soldier system development is set to change not only the look but also the individual performance of troops on the battlefield.
- Sea Power: Amphibious Sustained Reach: Dr. Lee Willet examines the strategic significance of amphibious and logistical platforms.
- Air Power: Mittens or Masters, Blue Magpies or Golden Eagles: David Oliver takes a look at the regional preferences when it comes to selecting a flight training aircraft.
- Air Power: Keeping Them Flying and Effective: Andrew Drwiega takes a look at a selection of recent rotorcraft upgrades.
- Strategic Analysis: Face-Off, Step Back: Beth Stevenson analyses the latest stand-off between China and India over Bhutan’s Doklam Plateau.