Issue of Asian Military Review in December 2016 & January 2017.
Table of Contents
- Land Warfare – Tanked Up: Investment is flowing into main battle tank procurements and upgrades in the Asia-Pacific, Stephen W. Miller discovers.
- Air Power – Fueling Strength: David Oliver examines recent developments in the world of air-to-air refuelling, and their implications for air forces in the Asia-Pacific.
- Sea Power – Frigate or Destroyer?: Which is best, a frigate or destroyer? Dr. Alix Valenti argues that both have their role and that both are in demand in the Asia-Pacific.
- Sea Power – The Signal and the Noise: Navies are increasingly demanding electronic warfare systems which can provide a detailed electronic order-of-battle on the high seas and in the littoral, Thomas Withington explains.
- Air Power – Turning Down the Heat: Thomas Withington explains the contribution that Directional Infra-Red Countermeasures can make towards protecting aircraft against infrared guided weapons.
- Land Warfare – Geography Lessons: Geospatial intelligence is in high demand in the Asia-Pacific, Percy Monroe explains, with many nations fulfilling these requirements through the private sector.
- Regional Militaries – Materiel On The New Silk Road: Dr. Aniseh Bassiri Tabrizi and Veerle Nouwens examine the growing defence relationship between Iran and China.
- Pulse: Catch up on all the latest defence radio frequency news and analysis in Thomas Withington’s regular Pulse column.